Fall League Schedules
High School Prep League Specifics
11TH ANNUAL FALL PREP LEAGUE
The 11th annual Kino Baseball Fall Prep League is planned to move forward that will include the league COVID 19 safety and health plan. To view the plan, see the menu section labeled COVID-19.
The league will be following the science, the metrics, and medical professionals along with county and city officials to assure that the league is not adding to any increase in cases that place a burden.
The goal and objective of the Kino Fall Prep League is to prepare student athletes with the opportunity to improve upon their skills that will enhance their opportunity to be game ready come the spring high school season.
- SEASON CALENDAR WINDOW
- Junior Division: Plays Saturdays. Starts September 26
- Senior Division: Plays Sundays. Starts September 27
- NOTE: There is a possibility that some weeknight games may be scheduled this year.
- NUMBER OF GAMES:
- Junior Division (Grades 9-11): 5
- September 26, October 3, 10, 17, 24
- Senior Division (Grades 9-12) 5
- September 27, October 4, 11, 18, November 1
- 1 game per day. No doubleheaders will be scheduled.
- GAME SITES:
- City of Tucson and Pima County Fields
PLAYER ON-LINE REGISTRATION
Student athletes wishing to play this fall are required to register on-line. The online payment method assists coaches, and goes directly to the Kino Baseball League using either a Visa or Master Card.
- REGISTRATION FEE: $50.00 PER PLAYER
- Organization wishing to have both a Senior and Junior team are required to have registered a minimum of 20 players.
- There are no roster limits.
- Players if from the same organization are permitted to play on a Junior Division (if grade eligible) or a Senior Division team. Players only register one (1) time.
- Registration opens August 10th and closes at 12:01 AM on Friday, September 25.
- REGISTRATION STEPS:
- Registration Now
- Parents may have to complete new account if they are first time users.
- Payment is with either Visa or Master Card
- REFUND POLICY:
- If the league gets cancelled prior to the start of the season, parents will receive refund less 5% credit card transaction fees.
- Zero refund once the league starts.
- If during the season is cancelled due to COVID-19 requirements by the local jurisdictions, the parents will be refunded a prorated amount based on the number of games cancelled.
- BAT SPECIFICATION: BBCOR or solid one- piece wood bat (ash, maple, birch)
- Team provides 2 game baseballs prior to the home plate umpire prior to each game
- League does not provide baseballs for this league.
- Two (2) high school level umpires provided for each game.
- League will schedule staff to put out bases and prepare the field.
- League does not offer medical/accident insurance. Player or coach requiring medical treatment during the season they do so with their personal health care plan and provider.
- League does include liability coverage for all players and coaches.
- Waiver form is part of the on-line registration that the parent completes and is submitted at the time of registration.
- Due to the pandemic the league is relaxing the uniform rule for this season.
- Teams can maintain score if they wish, but it is not required by the league for the fall season.
- No line ups required.
- Continuous batting order permitted
- Game Length:
- 2:00 hour time limit—play as many innings within this time.
- Three (3) outs or maximum 6 batters.
- Management of the pitchers is the responsibility of the team manager.
- All other NFHS playing and safety rules in effect.
- Kino Baseball League COVID19 safety and practice plan in effect.
UPCOMING FALL TOURNAMENTS
4th ANNUAL MIKE ACEVEDO MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT
- Senior Division level teams only (Grades 9 through 12)
- October 24-25
- 3 game minimum
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
AMERICAN HEROES VETERANS TOURNAMENT IX (SENIOR DIVISION)
- Senior Division level teams only (Grades 9 through 12) –November 7-8 (Pool Play) and November 11 (Bracket Round/Championship)
- 4 game minimum
- Email: email@example.com for further information
AMERICAN HEROES VETERANS TOURNAMENT IX (JUNIOR DIVISION)
- Junior Division level teams only (Grades 8 through 11) November 11, November 14-15
- 3 game minimum
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For further assistance with Registration, contact Bill Leith at email@example.com by email or call 520-730-2506.