12U SPRING WOOD BAT LEAGUE
Type Of League
The Kino Spring 12U Sunday Wood Bat League is designed to gives teams that will be competing in summer tournaments the opportunity to evaluate players in a competitive environment. This league does not conflict with Little League spring weeknight schedules.
The Sunday Spring 12U League is a solid one-piece wood bat league. The bat must be made of either ash, maple or birch material. Not permitted is any composite wood, bamboo or metal bats.
The league will play on 50 foot pitching distance and 70 foot base distance fields at the following locations:
- Curtis Park Fields 2 and 3 – 2110 West Curtis Drive
- Columbus Park Fields 1 and 2 – El Camino Del Cerro Road (West off I-10 Exit 252)
- Minimum of 6 teams required for the league.
- Calendar window: March 15 through to May 2
- Days of Play: Sundays
- Game times: 9:00 AM; 11:30 AM; 2:00 PM; 4:30 PM
- Number of games: 1 game per Sunday
- Total regular season games = 5 + post-season tournament
- No games scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020
- Standings will be maintained. Post-season playoff with format and number of teams that will qualify to be determined prior to the start of the season
- Teams must be available each Sunday during the calendar window. For this league black out dates will not work. If the team is already scheduled to play in a weekend tournament during the league season, the league will not be able to accommodate.
- This league will utilize the Little League age cutoff of August 31, 2020
- Player turning age 13 prior to August 31, 2020 is not eligible to play in this league.
- Roster remains open during the regular season.
- Final roster is required prior to the start of the league post-season playoff tournament.
- It is recommended that any pitcher that pitches in a Little League game 3 or more innings on a Friday, Saturday or is scheduled to pitch on Monday should not pitch on Sunday in this league.
- Maximum number of innings a pitcher may pitch in a day is 6.
- There is no pitch count.
- Games are six (6) innings in length.
- Time limit: 2:00 hours
- Inning that starts prior to the time limit must be completed. There is no sudden stoppage (drop dead) of play during the middle of an inning.
- Regular season: Game that is tied at the time limit and has reached regulation (3 ½-4 innings) or has played the full six (6) innings, the game is officially a tie.
- Post season: Must have a winner determined. If game is tied extra innings are played.
The league does not provide medical/accident insurance for players or coaches. If medical treatment is required during the league season, then the individual’s health insurance plan takes precedent.
The league does provide liability insurance that covers all participating players and coaches.
Batting Order Options
Team has the following batting order options:
- Bat only 9 batters
- Bat 10 batters (1-Extra Hitter)
- Bat 11 batters (2-Extra Hitters)
- There is no Designated Hitter (DH)
- There is no continuous batting order
Any of the starting players may be removed from the game and returned back to the original spot in the batting order one time.
Substitute that is removed from the game is no longer eligible for the remainder of the game.
There is no mandatory play rule.
As part of the team entry fee, each team receives 1 dozen game baseballs. The league provides the game baseballs for the post-season tournament.
The Kino Baseball League does not get involved with the operation of any team that participates in the Sunday league as it pertains to playing time, individual discipline, financial or interaction with the coaches or parents. Parents and coaches are required to work out any issues that may arise. The league will not intercede.
Coaches are responsible to review the following from the league website.
- Concussion Management
- League Safety Plan
- Child Abuse/Molestation Policy
Coaches are responsible for the following
- All equipment is safe for use
- Batting helmets for cracks and padding. Tape on a helmet will be removed from the game by the umpires.
- Not permitted: Chrome batting helmets.
- Catchers (players) are required to wear a mask while warming up the pitcher, whether it be from the game mound, or on the side in a bullpen area.
- Coaches (adults) are permitted to warm up pitcher and are not required to wear a mask.
- Inspect all catcher equipment (shin guards, chest protector, catcher helmet, throat guard and mask).
- Check with players to assure that they are wearing protective cup.
- Players performing the role of base coach are mandated to wear batting helmet.
- First aid kit.
- Cooler with ice and water. There are no concessions available.
HOW TO ENTER A TEAM PAYMENT PROCESS
- ENTRY FEE – $780.00
- DEPOSIT – $200.00 required on/or before February 15, 2020 to secure spot in the league
- Deposit is refundable if there are not enough teams entered.
- BALANCE – $580 balance payment due on/or before teams first game on March 15, 2020.
- No refund once the season starts on March 15, 2020
- HOW TO PAY – Debit/Credit Card (Vista, Master Charge, American Express) accepted.
- Call 730-2506 Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- By Check Payable to: Kino Baseball League
- Mail check payment to: PO Box 89304, Tucson, Arizona 85752
- Money order, cashier check or team organization check. Individual parent checks not accepted.